Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Featured Artist for the week - Ryo Wibisono

Real Name: Ryo Wibisono
Please tell us a brief info about yourself.

I work as a creative director at an advertising agency, which took most of my time. Whenever I have some free time, I use it to make paintings.
When did you first decide to become a graphic artist / illustrator?
1.5 years ago, I stumbled upon Linda Bergkvist works, and they are just breath taking, and that's when I decided to learn about digital painting.
What do you prefer: mouse, tablet, brush or pen and ink? and why?
Mouse, although some people don't think mouse as an appropriate painting tool, but I think it suits me just fine.

Who or what inspires you?
Mostly Feimo, Heise, Linda Bergkvist and Luis Royo, although I got good inspiration from other artists around, and pretty girls do inspire me a lot too ^__^Where does your training come from? Self-taught? College/Art School?
I picked up visual design at the university, but for digital painting, I studied it myself.
How do you keep "fresh" within your industry?
eating 'fresh vegetables' ...

What are your current projects?
Novel covers and some personal theme artworks.


Which of your projects are you the most proud of? And why?
I'm perfectionist, and most of the time I never be satisfied with my past work, that way I will always have space to improve myself.
Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?
telephatic painting, just look at the screen and paint with my mind... lol

What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?
take a break from work and just play gamesFinish this sentence. "If I weren't an artist/illustrator I would have been a...
photographer for adult men only magazine
and finally, What advices/tips can you give to the novice designer/ illustrator?
Practices makes perfect, and always study a bunch of references before you make your work.
Thanks for the interview, you rock too.

regards,
ryo

For commision works & other information, please contact him at:
email: raynkazuya@yahoo.com

website: raynkazuya@deviantart.com

wanna be a featured artist?
email me at: mcedesigns@gmail.com
with the subject: interview request


for more featured artists, click here.