Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Featured Artist for the Week - Kamillyonsiya

Name: Kamillyonsiya or Siya
Please tell us a brief info about yourself.
I am the laziest artist/programmer, anyone will ever meet! Welllll... let's see. I love to sneak in a few minutes of video games in between my work, and sit in front of my computer/drawing desk all day long. I currently own a web firm and small publishing company, the works will be out later this year!
When did you first decide to become a graphic artist / illustrator?
When I was in 2nd grade haha, seriously!What do you prefer: mouse, tablet, brush or pen and ink? and why?
Sometimes, I prefer the tablet, quick undo's if I mess up, no scanning needed, and colors are much easier as well.
Who or what inspires you?
Great films, video games, books, and many artists inspire me.
Where does your training come from? Self-taught? College/Art School?
Most of it was self taught, I did my time in college for a little while.
How do you keep "fresh" within your industry?
Never think you've hit your peak. I don't seek inspiration but it seems to come quite often, so it motivates me to improve and create.
What are your current projects?
I just finished concepts for an online game, a graphic novel that's due out later this spring, my very own comic book titled "Shangri-La", along with its video game. Much of the material is under NDA's so I can't say much more than that at the moment. Which of your projects are you the most proud of? And why?
I don't know, but I guess once my book and video game are completed, I know for a fact I'll be proud of them. It's been almost four years in the making!
Are there any areas, techniques, mediums, projects in your field that you have yet to try?
Hmm.. I've tried almost everything, but I'd like to try sculpturing some day, haven't done it since highschool. It would be a neat medium to experiment with.What do you do to keep yourself motivated and avoid burn-out?
I honestly get burned out at times, but I guess I haven't hit that brick wall quite yet. I just go to the nearest video game store or comic shop, works every time!
Finish this sentence. "If I weren't an artist/illustrator I would have been a...
bum... haha, no, I'd like to be a criminal investigator, but at this point that will never happen!
and finally, What advices/tips can you give to the novice designer/ illustrator?
There's always room for improvement, all art is good art, never put someone else down, try not to critique someone's work unless they ask. It seems intrusive, otherwise. NEVER give up, keep pushing for that goal. And of course, go out there and create!!



For commision works & other information, please contact her at:

website: http://kamillyonsiya.deviantart.com/
http://www.siyanimation.com/

email: siya@siyanimation.com

wanna be a featured artist?
email me at: mcedesigns@gmail.com
with the subject: interview request


For more featured artists, click here.